Monday, September 14, 2009

Naked Pictures......(of the truth)


Sometimes endeavors are met with overwhelming disappointment. Kind of like Kanye West during any sort of award show, and by any sort of awards show I mean, always in general. But I digress. Sometimes we tell lies, myself included. You know, you set goals and have plans in mind and then they just don't pan out like you wanted them to. (This is an apology by the way).

Moving on.

Okay I didn't really MEAN to lie, the piece just didn't quite get FINISHED as I had planned. However, I have made substantial progress so I guess that is worth something. I've decided to get over my embarrassment for not having met my goal and post SOMETHING.

So here is the "before" picture. I put "before" in quotes because to get to that point took me just under 2 years...so you know, it's all relative.



So that's that. Each panel is 11x15 inches. so that x 8 is a collective 44x30 inch POINTILLISM piece that is still untitled. It's cost me almost 50 dollars in pens alone...so far....

anyways, after my 5 day power-hour I put in about 40 hours of work on it, and now it looks like this...





the majority of the progress made is in the far right panels and the tiger. Here is an attempt at a close-up of the main section I was working on.



I haven't yet decided if I'm satisfied with the progress I made or if I'm disappointed. I think it might just be a combination of all sorts of different emotions. I mean, I've been working on this since my sophomore year of college, that is like a RELATIONSHIP. And it's finally coming to an end...

I still need a title.
I still need somewhere to show it.
I still need to write about it.
I still need to finish it.

All of these will happen soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment