Tuesday, July 14, 2009

STAMP

I found this ancient box of library stamps from like the 70's and I made this. I think my boss wanted to throw them out because we don't use any of them, but since I like to dabble in found object art I decided to take them.That's what I love about working in the library. So many things are old and unused but no one bothers to throw them away. It's perfect for scavenger artist like myself. I essentially have unlimited access to office supplies (like rubber bands for teddy bear sculptures) and old books that they're going to recycle.What would really be cool, is if I could somehow do a stamp piece on one of the walls in my apartment. I'm not going to, only because I wish to have my security deposit returned to me. I think it would look pretty awesome. What I could do, is get a white sheet and tape or staple it to the wall and just paint on that. This was just on some 8x11 acid free envelopes but I could presumably do something on any surface (except my walls) since stamp ink sticks to anything. fabric, canvas, paper, cardboard, wood, metal...

1 comment: